October 11, 2019
FDI Center News
FDI Center and WAIPA hold FDI Leadership and Advocacy Training in Warsaw, Poland
As part of the FDI Excellence training program run jointly with the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA), FDI Center held a two-day training workshop on FDI leadership and Advocacy in Warsaw, Poland on October 9 and 10, 2019.
The course was attended by executives of investmentpromotion agencies from the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and LatinAmerica and covered topics such as:
- Developing a comprehensive strategy to cover all aspects of investment attraction.
- Successful integration of investment attraction with other promotional activities such as trade, tourism or innovation.
- Structuring investment attraction activities organizationally to make the most of existing resources.
- Building organizational capability and ensuring the right mix of skills in the IPA’s staff.
- Collaborating effectively with partners including IPAs at different geographic levels, other government agencies, universities, and the private sector.
- Managing key stakeholders to ensure their support for investment attraction and the IPA.
- Measuring the IPA’s performance and communicating the impact of FDI and the role of the IPA.
- Working through the government to enhance the investment environment and strengthen the role of the IPA.
In addition to FDI Center’s Managing director Andreas Dressler, speakers included representatives of leading investment promotion agencies from around the world including Dubai, Manchester and Copenhagen, who presented successful approaches to attracting investment and managing critical aspects of an investment promotion agency.
More information about the FDI Excellence Series is available on WAIPA’s website.